Are there any criminal charges in this incident?

Milledgeville, GA |

I am attending Georgia Military College and we were doing a corps of cadets paintball session. i finished playing paintball and turned in my gun and my mask. About 5 minutes goes by and a supervisor shoots me 2 times in the neck and once in the back. is there any legal charges that can come from this?

It's misdemeanor battery. What are you ultimately trying to accomplish?

I was just curious if this was a crime or not. I read an article of a Berkley student getting Assault with a deadly weapon charges and was wondering if it was that serious. Thank you very much Mr. Cohen. I

Bert W. Cohen

Bert W. Cohen

It's technically a crime. A prosecutor and police would be very hesitant to do anything with it. If they do decide to prosecute as a felony, it would be up to a jury to decide if a paintball gun is a deadly weapon. If they decide it is not, it could still be a misdemeanor battery.

Since your supervisor's conduct appears to have been beyond the scope of the academic exercise which was being performed, you may have a criminal or civil cause of action against your supervisor.

This answer is meant to be general, educational and informative and should not be construed as legal advice. Depending on the specific circumstances of your case, I would consult a knowledgeable attorney in your area.