Are there any consequences for green card holder to come back to USA by advance parole issued prior to green card issuance?

Fort Lee, NJ |

My friend filed EB I-485. He received Advance Parole Document and left USA a few days ago. His I-485 was approved without interview and green card arrived today. Should I Fedex green card to him to allow him to come back to USA by green card or should he come back to USA by advance parole document?

On the facts given, either one should work.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Yes. In this limited circumstance, it should be ok.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

I wouldn't risk losing the green card during delivery and having to pay for another. He should be fine. If anything, scan and email the approval notice.