ARE THERE ANY COLLECTION LAWYERS IN THE LONG BEACH AREA?

Long Beach, CA |

I HAVE A JUDGMENT AND WOULD LIKE TO ACT ON IT. ARE ALL COLLECTION LAWYERS THE SAME? DO THEY ALL USE THE SAME SYSTEMS? IS THERE ONE IN THE LONG BEACH AREA?

1. All collection attorneys are not the same. Their resources are also not the same.

Also, the fee arrangements for collection attorneys vary widely.

You will need to look for an attorney which suits your needs.

The attorney does not necessarily have to be in the Long Beach area to effectively collect your judgment.

Frank W. Chen is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, consult your own attorney.

2. Disclaimer: The materials provided below are informational and should not be relied upon as legal advice.

Attorney Chen is correct. Enforcement of judgment is a specialized area of law. You need to find a lawyer/law firm who is skilled in this area. How large is your judgment, and how old is it? Please keep in mind that California judgments are good for 10 years, and unless they are properly renewed prior to the completion of this 10-year period, they will become useless.

3. Mr. Chen is correct.
    First, some work for a percentage plus costs, others work by the hour plus costs.
    Some are experinced in collecting judgments from deadbeats, others, while very smart, are not.
    A Long Beach attorney is not essential but helpful. Avvo has very good attorneys.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.