Are there any chances to adjust my status to become legal again?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Cape May, NJ

hello my name is ievgeniia. i'm from ukraine. i came to the usa in 2010 with J 1 visa. Later i change my status into B 2 . It was valid through March 2011. So now it is expired. I'm out of status. thank you very much! hope to here from you soon.

1. Inara Khashmati

Pro

5

1

Answered . Not enough information to provide you with proper advice. To you have any family members here? Schedule an appointment with one of the attorneys from here and speak to them in person. Good Luck!

2. Veronica Tunitsky

4

1

Answered . You don't provide enough information to answer your question such as what, if any, family connections you have in the us and whether your J had a 2-year home residency requirement.

You should speak to an attorney in detail about your case, but your options are likely very limited since you cannot change status to another non-immigrant visa and you don't seem to have a family-based connection.

3. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

4

1

Answered . Yes you can become legal again but there are many facts you have not included. You should consult with an attorney.

4. Yolanda Navarrete

2

1

Answered . You should consult with an immigration attorney to explore your options. Listens out for the news regarding upcoming Immigration reform as well. Good luck.

5. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

Answered . You would need to provide more information in order to get a helpful answer. Speak to an attorney and stay abreast of any new developments.