Skip to main content

Are there any chances to adjust my status to become legal again?

Cape May, NJ |

hello my name is ievgeniia. i'm from ukraine. i came to the usa in 2010 with J 1 visa. Later i change my status into B 2 . It was valid through March 2011. So now it is expired. I'm out of status. thank you very much! hope to here from you soon.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You don't provide enough information to answer your question such as what, if any, family connections you have in the us and whether your J had a 2-year home residency requirement.

You should speak to an attorney in detail about your case, but your options are likely very limited since you cannot change status to another non-immigrant visa and you don't seem to have a family-based connection.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.


Not enough information to provide you with proper advice. To you have any family members here? Schedule an appointment with one of the attorneys from here and speak to them in person. Good Luck!


Yes you can become legal again but there are many facts you have not included. You should consult with an attorney.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


You should consult with an immigration attorney to explore your options. Listens out for the news regarding upcoming Immigration reform as well. Good luck.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.


You would need to provide more information in order to get a helpful answer. Speak to an attorney and stay abreast of any new developments.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer