Are there any advantages for hiring a lawyer to file an expungement in the state of Florida when I can file it on my own?

Corvallis, OR |

My spouse was arrested on a ridiculous charge of domestic violence & battery during our summer vacation. The case never saw court & was dropped by the state attorney.

You should be asking this of a Florida attorney or, at least, someone licensed to practice in Florida. This would be handled in Oregon and Oregon's laws wouldn't apply.

Yes. Bluntly, there's a greater chance that it'll be done wrong if you try to do it yourself without a lawyer. But you need to ask an attorney who practices in Florida for details.

Nothing posted on this site is intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online: