Are the police allowed to enter your home looking for someone who does not live there an search the place without a warrant?

Sacramento, CA |
Filed under: Civil rights

The police entered my home with no warrant looking for someone who did not live there. We let them look in the rooms to show them there was no such person. They ended up searching my home through my personal belongings. I asked for a warrant an was told no then hand cuffed because I demanded that they leave because they did not show me a warrant.

1. You gave permission so you will have a difficult time saying that the search was unreasonable. You say "We let them look in the rooms..." Once you allowed the search you really have to back off, which apparently you did not. Next time, do not give permission to the police the search. The police will take advantage of the opening if you give it to them.

Civil rights topics