Are the immigration authorities treat H1B visa differently if this if for part time job

Santa Clara, CA |

I'm European citizen and I found a part time job in the U . S ( 20 hours a week ) . I understood that I can apply for H1B visa even though it's part time . Do I have less chances for the visa to be approved since it's only part time ?

This is established company that filled H1B visa many times (for other employees). I just wanted to focus on the chances for the visa to be approved assuming everything else is valid.

A part-time job should not be a problem if the company can demonstrate a need for your services.

2. Much more important than whether the job is full or part-time is the size of the company, the age of the company, and the industry the company is in.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. I agree with my colleague.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

4. Part-time may not be a problem. However the USCIS may question your ability to sustain a living in the U.S. if the wages are too low.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

5. Part-time is not so much of the issue. What's more important is whether you, the job, and the employer satisfy the associated requirements for the H-1B visa.

(626) 771-1078 Los Angeles Attorney Theodore Huang, Esq. This is not legal advice. No attorney/client relationship is established. Attorney Huang is licensed in MD; practice limited to federal law.