Skip to main content

Are the homeowners required to attend the foreclosure hearing

New Castle, PA |

Our former home was in older and in need of repair. My brother in law bought homes for "property solutions" and "flipped" them so we thought they were buying the home from us. Little did we know it was still in our names, they've never sold it, and now it is in foreclosure. We are in another home and cannot possibly afford both. do we have any legal recourse against property solutions and do we have to show up in court for the foreclosure if the bank are just going to take the home anyway?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


This is a very difficult question to answer without a great deal of additional information. It may well be that there was illegal or fraudulent conduct involved, which may provide a defense to foreclosure for you.

You need an attorney who is knowledgable in foreclosure defense. The National Association of Consumer Advocates maintains a geographical list of consumer law attorneys all over the US on its web site,


I am not licensed to practice in your state so I cannot answer your questions directly as they are governed by local law. In Florida you would have a claim against your brother in law for deceptive trade practices. As to attending the foreclosure, consult a local attorney. You can usually find a low cost consult with your local county bar association referral service.

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer