Are texas jewlers exempt from writ of execution

Austin, TX |

I recently won a case in small claims against a texas jeweler. The 10day appeals time expired this Friday May 4th. I am researching how to go about collecting my judgment incase the jeweler doesn't pay up.
It is my understand that 30 days after judgment, I may obtain a Writ of Execution to attempt to seize the Defendant's (JEWLER in my case) non-exempt property to satisfy my judgment.

I do know that he tried to incorporate the jewelry stores by the Corporate Tax was forfeited due to non payment of franchise taxes this was a huge help in my case as well even though the Judge ruled that the Defendant (jeweler) is liable in his individual capacity .

Can I seize property from his store to satisfy the judgment amount?

1. First, you get an abstract of judgment. There are many formalities you need to follow.

There is absolutely no reason to do this yourself. If you make a technical mistake you could wind up on the hook. Also, you can get the jeweler to pay for your lawyer.

You won't have any trouble finding a lawyer to collect against a jeweler. You won't have to pay anything up front and you will get more with a lawyer than without.

Any civil lawyer would help you and any civil lawyer will get you more in your pocket than you would get yourself.

I can't imagine a more ideal situation than collecting a judgment from a jeweler. Maybe someone that has a money tree in their backyard. Maybe.