Are texas jewlers exempt from writ of execution

Asked about 2 years ago - Austin, TX

I recently won a case in small claims against a texas jeweler. The 10day appeals time expired this Friday May 4th. I am researching how to go about collecting my judgment incase the jeweler doesn't pay up.
It is my understand that 30 days after judgment, I may obtain a Writ of Execution to attempt to seize the Defendant's (JEWLER in my case) non-exempt property to satisfy my judgment.

I do know that he tried to incorporate the jewelry stores by the Corporate Tax was forfeited due to non payment of franchise taxes this was a huge help in my case as well even though the Judge ruled that the Defendant (jeweler) is liable in his individual capacity .

Can I seize property from his store to satisfy the judgment amount?

1. Stephen Neil Foster

Answered . First, you get an abstract of judgment. There are many formalities you need to follow.

There is absolutely no reason to do this yourself. If you make a technical mistake you could wind up on the hook. Also, you can get the jeweler to pay for your lawyer.

You won't have any trouble finding a lawyer to collect against a jeweler. You won't have to pay anything up front and you will get more with a lawyer than without.

Any civil lawyer would help you and any civil lawyer will get you more in your pocket than you would get yourself.

I can't imagine a more ideal situation than collecting a judgment from a jeweler. Maybe someone that has a money tree in their backyard. Maybe.