Are Tenants by the Entirety deeds recognized and enforced in Colorado?

Glenwood Springs, CO |

My husband's ex-wife won a judgment against him and we are trying to protect our home.

So what is a way for a married couple who may have a malicious creditor after them protect their only home? Is there a way? Is it noteworthy that the creditor is a Court-diagnosed crazy law-breaker (found guilty of keying ex-spouse's car, ordered to pay repair costs, put on probation), who has lost all custody of the children (they live with father) because of her problems? I find it hard to believe that most judges would enable her to kick the children and married parents out of their sole home. Are we just worrying too much?

It depends on when you purchased the property. See link below.

Deborah F Bowinski

Deborah F Bowinski

Actually, if you read the statute you link to you will see that the date makes no difference. The statute says in part: " 38-31-201. Tenancy by the entirety. (1) No conveyance of real property located in this state executed before or after July 1, 2006, shall create a tenancy by the entirety. (2) A conveyance of real property located in this state executed before July 1, 2006, that purports to create a tenancy by the entirety shall be presumed to create a joint tenancy. (3) A conveyance of real property located in this state executed on or after July 1, 2006, that purports to create a tenancy by the entirety shall create a joint tenancy.

No. There is no such thing in Colorado.

No. Tenants in the Entirety deeds are not recognized in CO.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.