Are Tenants by the Entirety deeds recognized and enforced in Colorado?

Glenwood Springs, CO |

My husband's ex-wife won a judgment against him and we are trying to protect our home.

Since we just bought this home two months ago, we were going to put my name on the deed anyway. My credit was poor so the real estate agent suggested that I keep my name off initially and just add it after, which is what we are doing now. We just filed a Joint Tenancy deed but we are wondering if we should change it to the Tenants by the Entirety deed. The clerk said she could change it since the other deed hasn't been processed yet.

Colorado DOES NOT have tenancy by the entirety. Colorado only recognizes tenancy in common and joint tenancy.

No. CO does not recognize tenants in the entirety deeds.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

See prior answers.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.