Are Tenants by the Entirety deeds recognized and enforced in Colorado?

Asked 10 months ago - Glenwood Springs, CO

My husband's ex-wife won a judgment against him and we are trying to protect our home.

Since we just bought this home two months ago, we were going to put my name on the deed anyway. My credit was poor so the real estate agent suggested that I keep my name off initially and just add it after, which is what we are doing now. We just filed a Joint Tenancy deed but we are wondering if we should change it to the Tenants by the Entirety deed. The clerk said she could change it since the other deed hasn't been processed yet.

1. Matthew Scott Berkus

5

1

Answered . Colorado DOES NOT have tenancy by the entirety. Colorado only recognizes tenancy in common and joint tenancy.

2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

3

Answered . No. CO does not recognize tenants in the entirety deeds.

3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

1

Answered . See prior answers.