Skip to main content

Are police allowed to enter the premise on a noise complaint?

Raleigh, NC |

A noise complaint was called when my friend and I were arguing loudly (we are both females). I opened the door slightly when the officer knocked and refused entry because I have a dog. The police came in anyways to break up the arguing and discovered our drug paraphernalia. We were both charged with misdemanors. Did the officers have the right to enter the premise, without consent on a noise complaint? Also, this happened in NC.

Attorney Answers 1


Absolutely not. You need to hire an attorney to have the state's evidence against suppressed and have your case dismissed as to the drug paraphernalia. You are facing up to 120 days in jail so hiring an experienced attorney is and should be of the utmost importance.

Call Trial Attorney Dustin RT Sullivan at (910) 508-2200 or visit us at to find out more.

Mark as helpful

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics