Are non-compete agreements enforceable in Michigan?

Asked 10 months ago - Ann Arbor, MI

I signed a 12-month non-compete when I joined my current employer and I'm wondering if non-competes are generally enforceable in Michigan.

1. Scot Curtis Putzig

6

Answered . Yes, non-competes for a reasonable time, geographic area, and job-related scope are enforceable in Michigan.

2. David J. Hutchinson

5

Answered . Yes they are, if reasonable, but you should have a good lawyer look at yours and understand your specific situation.

3. Jason Matthew Shinn

5

Answered . In addition to the great responses provided by Mr. Putzig and Mr. Hutchinson, you may want to review the post below that discuss in more detail Michigan non-compete law. Best to you going forward.