Are my child support pleadings confidential in a family law case?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

The baby mama obtained a default judgment against me in a paternity action in Los Angeles and now has a judgment against me for $600,000 after like 20 years. Are the pleadings in the case I file now confidential or can anyone come in and review the file? I want to disclose the pleadings I am going to file to the press and show what a crook she is. Is this a problem?

1. 2

Answered . If you are not married and the case is a paternity case then all filings do not show up on the register of actions. no one can access them.

2. 2

Answered . Paternity actions are confidential and the general public does not have access to the pleadings. I don't think you will serve any purpose throwing information out to the press, that is more or a vindictive attitude rather than a let's figure this out attitude.

3. 2

Answered . Paternity files are not considered public records and therefore are accessible only to the parents and/or their attorneys.