Are most general practice lawyers qualified to do NFA Gun Trust?

Chesapeake, VA |

[ Living Trusts, Trust] I'm looking to legally purchase a NFA (Class 3) suppressors, and wanted to do so via a NFA Gun Trust. I visited a few websites and, most lawyers in the Hampton Roads area state that they do Trusts, Living Trusts, Life Insurance Trusts,
Educational Trusts, Bypass Trusts, and Charitable Trusts. Should most general practice lawyers be able to do NFA Gun Trust as well?

I draft them as a regular part of my practice. There are 3 ways to find competent counsel in this important area. (1) See Avvo.Com under Find-A-Lawyer and enter 'Firearms Trust' or 'Gun Trusts' (2) Go to WealthCounsel.com and click on the Map for Virginia and then do a search there (3) Do a search under Bing.Com for this topic and you'll see the websites for Estate Planning attorneys who include this as part of their practice. Good Luck!!

2. Most law firms, in my experience, do not do Gun Trusts, and most have never even heard of Gun Trusts. I suggest you do a specific web search for Gun Trusts to find an attorney in Virginia who does them.

Evan H. Farr can be reached at 703-691-1888 or at http://www.farrlawfirm.com. Evan is Certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation, which is approved by the American Bar Association, but Virginia has no procedure for approving certifying organizations. NOTICE - Unless expressly stated otherwise, this communication: (1) is not legal advice absent an existing attorney-client relationship between us; (2) does not create an attorney-client relationship; (3) does not constitute an offer, acceptance, or contract amendment; (4) may contain confidential or legally privileged information protected by the attorney-client relationship and/or work product privilege; (5) is only for the use of the individual to whom it is intended by the sender to be sent, and if you are not such recipient, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance upon this communication is prohibited; and (6) is not intended, and cannot be used, to avoid tax-related penalties pursuant to treasury department circular 230.

3. Most attorneys do not do gun trusts because of the degree of specificity required and the small amount normally charged. There are attorneys who specialize in them, however, and you should be able to locate one of them through a web search. Good luck.

4. No.

This is not legal advice: it is intended to be used for general informational or educational purposes only. For a free case evaluation, visit FairfaxCountyCriminalDefense.com.

Trusts topics