Are most general practice lawyers qualified to do NFA Gun Trust?

Asked 10 months ago - Chesapeake, VA

[ Living Trusts, Trust] I'm looking to legally purchase a NFA (Class 3) suppressors, and wanted to do so via a NFA Gun Trust. I visited a few websites and, most lawyers in the Hampton Roads area state that they do Trusts, Living Trusts, Life Insurance Trusts,
Educational Trusts, Bypass Trusts, and Charitable Trusts. Should most general practice lawyers be able to do NFA Gun Trust as well?

1. Evan H Farr

Pro

7

Answered . Most law firms, in my experience, do not do Gun Trusts, and most have never even heard of Gun Trusts. I suggest you do a specific web search for Gun Trusts to find an attorney in Virginia who does them.

2. Michael Leo Potter

Pro

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . I draft them as a regular part of my practice. There are 3 ways to find competent counsel in this important area. (1) See Avvo.Com under Find-A-Lawyer and enter 'Firearms Trust' or 'Gun Trusts' (2) Go to WealthCounsel.com and click on the Map for Virginia and then do a search there (3) Do a search under Bing.Com for this topic and you'll see the websites for Estate Planning attorneys who include this as part of their practice. Good Luck!!

3. Brenton Daniel Vincenzes

Pro

2

Answered . No.

4. Jerry E Shiles

3

Answered . Most attorneys do not do gun trusts because of the degree of specificity required and the small amount normally charged. There are attorneys who specialize in them, however, and you should be able to locate one of them through a web search. Good luck.