Are green cards already being granted for same sex spouses?

Stamford, CT |

Or this is so new we haven't had the first cases yet.

1. Yes as long as the person seeking the green card is "admissible". I suggest that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney.

Guerra Saenz, PL--Immigration Attorneys (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

2. Yes, if the marriage is bona fide and valid.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

3. CIS has determined that they will grant immigration benefits to same sex spouses, treating them the same as opposite sex spouses. I am not aware of any getting green cards yet, because, as you say, this is so new. But it should not be long.

The above is not legal advice. It is general information. I only give legal advice to those who have a retainer agreement with me. You may also seek further information on my website - http://immigrationlawyernewhavenct.com

4. yes, why shouldn't they?

Contact: 860-548-2629 or dbucin@uks.com. This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.

5. Yes!

***973-735-2716*** Mr. Asatrian's practice is dedicated to the area of immigration and nationality law. ****hasatrian@strasserasatrian.com**** Please note the information provided herein does not constitute legal advice and should not be construed as such by anyone. It should not be relied upon as legal advice as more specific facts, research and analysis may be required to formulate a proper strategy and action in your matter. Please note this does not create an attorney-client relationship whatsoever. You should seek the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney to review your matter thoroughly and gather all of the necessary information and documentation to provide you with the best possible legal solution.

Marriage and prenups topics