Are green card interviews for removal of conditions common?

Hollywood, FL |

Are green card interviews for Removal of Conditions common and does having a Stokes interview during Adjustment of Status make a Removal of Conditions interview more likely?

1. Its based on the evidence provided and a previous fraud interview can influence USCIS to have another interview.

2. It is a hard question to do to attorneys because it is our goal to not have an interview on the removal of the condition. The attorneys that I know and I request a lot of evidence from our clients to submit. I think in most cases people have a lot more than they think they do to show their legitimate relationship. Also, attorneys might not take a case they do not believe is legitimate. This is all an attempt to explain why this might be a better question on a board of people who try to do the cases on their own. I mean this is the best way and I wish you the best. If you are worried about the interview, you should consult with an immigration attorney.

This answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on as each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

3. I agree. The USCIS evaluates the file and the evidence presented with the I-751 to help it decide whether to transfer the petition to remove the condition for an interview at the District Field Office. Evidence that is incomplete or suggest a sham marriage often result in both a notice of intent to deny and an interview.

Interviews happen more often to those who file on their own or without a competent attorney, since there are rules, regulations, and memos that can be reviewed to satisfy USCIS concerns.

Competent attorneys should avoid and discourage those whom they believe married just to get a green card. To file a marriage petition just to get a greencard is both a civil immigration offense and Federal crime. This violation has permanent and serious penalties. However, attorneys should also thoroughly document a good faith marriage, sovthat a USCIS Official has enough documentation to justify approval.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

4. I agree with my colleagues.

An attorney-client relationship is not formed by my responses to questions on Avvo. My responses are not intended to be legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice.

5. Depends on the circumstances of your case. I have NEVER had a client that was required to attend an interview to have consitions removed. Just because you are required to attend a second interview does not mean you have a problem but I suggest you get an experienced attorney to review your case and prepare you for the interview.