Are green card interviews for removal of conditions common?

Asked over 2 years ago - Hollywood, FL

Are green card interviews for Removal of Conditions common and does having a Stokes interview during Adjustment of Status make a Removal of Conditions interview more likely?

1. Robert Edward Myers

7

Answered . It is a hard question to do to attorneys because it is our goal to not have an interview on the removal of the condition. The attorneys that I know and I request a lot of evidence from our clients to submit. I think in most cases people have a lot more than they think they do to show their legitimate relationship. Also, attorneys might not take a case they do not believe is legitimate. This is all an attempt to explain why this might be a better question on a board of people who try to do the cases on their own. I mean this is the best way and I wish you the best. If you are worried about the interview, you should consult with an immigration attorney.

2. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Pro

7

Answered . I agree. The USCIS evaluates the file and the evidence presented with the I-751 to help it decide whether to transfer the petition to remove the condition for an interview at the District Field Office. Evidence that is incomplete or suggest a sham marriage often result in both a notice of intent to deny and an interview.

Interviews happen more often to those who file on their own or without a competent attorney, since there are rules, regulations, and memos that can be reviewed to satisfy USCIS concerns.

Competent attorneys should avoid and discourage those whom they believe married just to get a green card. To file a marriage petition just to get a greencard is both a civil immigration offense and Federal crime. This violation has permanent and serious penalties. However, attorneys should also thoroughly document a good faith marriage, sovthat a USCIS Official has enough documentation to justify approval.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
  3. Robert West

5

1

Answered . Its based on the evidence provided and a previous fraud interview can influence USCIS to have another interview.

4. Elizabeth Clare Surin

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

5. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

1

Answered . Depends on the circumstances of your case. I have NEVER had a client that was required to attend an interview to have consitions removed. Just because you are required to attend a second interview does not mean you have a problem but I suggest you get an experienced attorney to review your case and prepare you for the interview.