Are forms from US legal Forms Inc.(Florida Last Will & Testament Pkg. )Good to use and legal?

Jacksonville, FL |

I'm a care provider and my employer is looking to make her wil.She's 83 and can not travel to a lawyer.

1. Many Attorneys will travel directly to her to help her with her Will. While the online forms can be legally correct, it is my experience they are not drafted corrected nor signed correctly leading to more problems in the future. My advice would be to find an Attorney who makes home visits.

2. I agree with Ms. Gerling. The online forms often create many more problems than they solve. I would suggest finding an attorney on this website or at naela.org that makes housecalls.

Good Luck!

Legal Disclaimer: Paul A. Smolinski is licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois only, and as such, his answers to AVVO inquiries are based on his understanding of Illinois law only. His answers are for general information about perceived legal issues within this question only and no response to any posted inquiry should be deemed to extend any right of confidentiality between you and Mr. Smolinski, to constitute legal advice, or create an attorney/client or other contractual relationship. An attorney/client relationship is formed only by specific agreement including an evaluation of the specific legal problem and review of all the facts and documents at issue. We try to insure the accuracy of this information, but we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The reader should never assume that this information applies to his or her specific situation or constitutes legal advice. Therefore, please consult competent counsel that practices in the subject area in your jurisdiction and who is familiar with your specific facts and all of the circumstances.

3. Hire an attorney to do this work so that it is done right the first time and her last wishes are honored. Attorneys will often come to her to finalize the paperwork. The costs are relatively nominal considering the benefits obtained. When the will is signed 2 witnesses and a notary have to be present as well.

The answers given are limited to the facts as given and presumed by the answer itself. Without seeing actual written documentation or having a conference to more fully explore the issues, this short answer has only limited application. Make sure to seek legal counsel and provide all documentation to get assistance in making informed legal choices. Bstein@dcfsz.com, 305 377 1505

4. Online forms are not recommended for wills and trusts since every state has its own rules and regulations for creating a valid will or trust and each testator/settlor's needs are vastly different. Most elder law attorneys are very accustomed to traveling to accommodate their clients' needs. The danger in using an online form is the conflict of clauses that can occur or leaving something off that negates the validity of the will. Additionally, there are execution protocols that MUST be followed or the will is rendered invalid. Usually, by the time an error is noticed it is too late to correct. Hire a local elder law attorney, either through AVVO or the NAELA (National Association of Elder Law Attorneys).

Carol Johnson Law Firm, P.A. : (727) 647-6645 : carol@caroljohnsonlaw.com : Wills, Trusts, Real Property, Probate, Special Needs: Information provided here is anecdotal and should not be relied upon or considered legal advice. Every matter is different and answers given here are general in nature and may not reflect current Florida law at the time you are reading this posting. Please contact me if you feel you need additional assistance with your matter.

5. I agree, many lawyers will travel to hospitals, nursing homes, personal residences, etc., to assist. While form documents may suffice, there are particulars that should be discussed with the client and there can be serious negative ramifications if execution of the documents is faulty.

Wills and estates topics