Are Executior fees in NJ (5% up to 200,000, 3.5% for the following 800,000 etc.) taken from the estate's gross value?

Asked almost 5 years ago - Cranford, NJ

Are Executor fees calculated before or after the estate taxes are paid?

1. Ronald Anthony Sarno

Answered . The norm is the gross value. Some times for family harmony some executors do it on net value.
    Executors can take a yearly commission if the estate goes over one year, on the income earned
    during that year. Again, some executors waive it.
    On my profile there are several legal guides. I recommend reviewing the following which may be helpful to you:

Hiring a lawyer; Is it Legal? Is it Illegal?...Understanding the different court systems;
    Introduction to Legal terms used in litigation; Limitations on a Lawyer’s License: What a Lawyer Can and Cannot Do……………………………..…………………………..

Estate Litigation with a will
    Estate Litigation without a will

LEGAL DISCLAIMER…………………………………………………………………..
    Mr. Sarno is licensed to practice law in NJ and NY. His response here is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter in question. Many times the questioner may leave out details which would make the reply unsuitable. Mr. Sarno strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their own state to acquire more information about this issue.