Are changes able to be made to HUD-1 without borrowers knowledge after documents have been signed?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Wilmington, DE

At closing for a FHA refinance my HUD-1 settlement statement, line 303, showed $1,400 cash back to borrower. I got a check for $500. Called to inquire and was told that the HUD-1 was revised and a $900 principle curtailment was made to line 105. The principe amount of the new loan did not decrease by this amount however as I would have expected. In other words, I do not know where the $900 went.

1. Laurence I Levinson

1

Best Answer

Answered . no. The HUD 1 is given to and signed by the sellers and borrowers at the time of settlement. No changes may be made after that unless both parties agree and sign a revised HUD 1

2. David Andrew Mallen

Answered . Ask for a written explanation from HUD.

David Mallen