Are changes able to be made to HUD-1 without borrowers knowledge after documents have been signed?

Wilmington, DE |

At closing for a FHA refinance my HUD-1 settlement statement, line 303, showed $1,400 cash back to borrower. I got a check for $500. Called to inquire and was told that the HUD-1 was revised and a $900 principle curtailment was made to line 105. The principe amount of the new loan did not decrease by this amount however as I would have expected. In other words, I do not know where the $900 went.

no. The HUD 1 is given to and signed by the sellers and borrowers at the time of settlement. No changes may be made after that unless both parties agree and sign a revised HUD 1

2. Ask for a written explanation from HUD.

David Mallen

David A. Mallen offers answers on Avvo for general information only. This offer of free, general answers is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. If you need specific advice regarding your legal question, you should consult an attorney confidentially. Many experienced California labor and employment attorneys, including David A. Mallen offer no-risk legal consultations to employers and employees at no charge. David A. Mallen is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, as well as the California Labor Commissioner and the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board. Failure to take legal action within the time periods prescribed by law could result in the loss of important legal rights and remedies.