Are AT&T 's restoral fee legal?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Irving, TX

AT&T charges you $40 every time they terminate your wireless service? Are such fees legal? If law permits that what is the maximum amount that can be charged?

1. Steven Zalewski

Pro

2

Answered . the contract you sign controls, service fees.

2. Brian W. Erikson

Pro

Answered . AT&T's conditions of service are set out in its contract with you, and in its tariff filing with the Texas Public Service Commission. If you are not happy with the fees, you can sign on with another carrier.

Why are you having your service terminated on a regular basis? If you are not paying your bill, the carrier has a right to charge you to reinstate your account. That is not a lot different than paying an NSF charge for a bounced check.

Hope this helps. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the “good answer” button below and/or designate my answer as the best answer. Thanks.