Are AT&T 's restoral fee legal?

Irving, TX |

AT&T charges you $40 every time they terminate your wireless service? Are such fees legal? If law permits that what is the maximum amount that can be charged?

the contract you sign controls, service fees.

I will allways give you a free consultation, so we can discuss all the facts of your case call us anytime at 718-263-6800

AT&T's conditions of service are set out in its contract with you, and in its tariff filing with the Texas Public Service Commission. If you are not happy with the fees, you can sign on with another carrier.

Why are you having your service terminated on a regular basis? If you are not paying your bill, the carrier has a right to charge you to reinstate your account. That is not a lot different than paying an NSF charge for a bounced check.

Hope this helps. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the “good answer” button below and/or designate my answer as the best answer. Thanks.

The contract says you may be charged upto 40 for termination. To answer your question yes, I my service was terminated times after time but that was done when my bill was very high and the bill was disputed by me with AT&T . My services were suspended for non payment of those charges while those charges were being disputed . So what is the legal definition of "you may be charged" ?

Brian W. Erikson

Brian W. Erikson

"You may be charged" means "they will ask you to pay." If you choose not to pay, they will choose not to reinstate service.

Business topics