Are all CA lawyers afraid to sue Disney?

Phoenix, AZ |

Suing Disney for assault & battery causing bodily harm, excessive use of force by employee(s), inciting a riot, reckless endangerment

1. Just make your attorney aware of the facts of the case and how much money you have for a retainer. Disney has great lawyers. You need a great lawyer too. Great lawyers are expensive. Search out a litigation attorney by AVVO search, one in the locale where you were injured. Call the one you like, discuss fees, explain how much you have for a retainer, and set up an appointment.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

2. No. All California lawyers are not afraid of suing Disney. If in fact all California lawyers refuse to take your case, it might be a problem other than the fact that Disney is a defendant.
    Sorry to be flippant, but cases are all driven by facts. You state at the end that the case involves a number of serious allegations, any of which might lead to liability. Without the underlying facts, lawyers can't give you an idea of what is wrong.

This advise is rendered with only a brief description of facts which complicates any answer. You should use this answer to make the decision to contact a lawyer and explain your circumstances in detail for the purpose of getting accurate legal advise. The answer is based upon Arizona law.

3. Thre are two sides to an argument. Generally there is some degree of evidence in support of one or the other. Perhaps, the attorneys you have seen feel that the evidence is not in your favor. I cannot tell as you have provided no statement of events.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

4. NO. I am just a sole practitioner and I have sued larger companies than Disney on much bigger and more complex cases than a personal injury matter.

It does not matter that the Defendant is Disney. This is not a difficult case to prepare and try, most likely.

I worry about the validity of the case itself. Are you saying that Disney incited a riot at its own theme park? If the argument is that Disney is liable due to something that went out over the airwaves of one of its stations--not a good case. Tell us about the case if you want advice.

5. Inciting a riot may be one reason you are having difficulty finding a lawyer - exageration and/or improper charachterization of facts. Disney never settles for nuisance value. The entire park is under video surveillance with employees everywhere monitoring the behavior of the other employees. If you have a great case, you will find a lawyer with a California lawyer.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

6. Harry Hudson wouldn't be if the facts are on your side!

http://defendme.net | For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.877.452.9457. Attorney James Regan, LL.M, Esq., is a Florida lawyer answering questions pro bono. Answering these consumer questions based on limited and unverified facts does not create an attorney-client relationship. Being posted on the internet, these questions and answers are not confidential. For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.800.452.9357.

7. This may sound harsh but it is not meant to be. Perhaps, you should put the facts of your case instead of starting off with "Are all CA lawyers afraid to sue Disney". To most attorneys, this signifies that you have contactyed many attorneys and seem to be frustrated that they are not taking your case. Attorneys are not indentured servants and are not obligated to take any and every case that comes down the pike. Cases are fact driven and need to be based on recognized causes of action. Good luck.

I am an Arizona attorney. AVVO does not pay us for our responses. Simply because I responded to your question does not mean I am your attorney. In Arizona a non-lawyer is held to the same standards as an attorney so there are dangers to representing yourself. This is for informational purposes only. If you require legal assistance an in depth discussion of your case is needed as there are many other issues to consider such as defenses, statute of limitations, etc.

Violent crime topics