Are all CA lawyers afraid to sue Disney?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Phoenix, AZ

Suing Disney for assault & battery causing bodily harm, excessive use of force by employee(s), inciting a riot, reckless endangerment

1. Joel B Robbins

14

Answered . No. All California lawyers are not afraid of suing Disney. If in fact all California lawyers refuse to take your case, it might be a problem other than the fact that Disney is a defendant.
    Sorry to be flippant, but cases are all driven by facts. You state at the end that the case involves a number of serious allegations, any of which might lead to liability. Without the underlying facts, lawyers can't give you an idea of what is wrong.

2. Robert Pecco Baker

13

Answered . NO. I am just a sole practitioner and I have sued larger companies than Disney on much bigger and more complex cases than a personal injury matter.

It does not matter that the Defendant is Disney. This is not a difficult case to prepare and try, most likely.

I worry about the validity of the case itself. Are you saying that Disney incited a riot at its own theme park? If the argument is that Disney is liable due to something that went out over the airwaves of one of its stations--not a good case. Tell us about the case if you want advice.

3. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

9

Answered . Thre are two sides to an argument. Generally there is some degree of evidence in support of one or the other. Perhaps, the attorneys you have seen feel that the evidence is not in your favor. I cannot tell as you have provided no statement of events.

4. Michael Charles Doland

9

Answered . Inciting a riot may be one reason you are having difficulty finding a lawyer - exageration and/or improper charachterization of facts. Disney never settles for nuisance value. The entire park is under video surveillance with employees everywhere monitoring the behavior of the other employees. If you have a great case, you will find a lawyer with a California lawyer.

5. Gary A Kester

7

Answered . This may sound harsh but it is not meant to be. Perhaps, you should put the facts of your case instead of starting off with "Are all CA lawyers afraid to sue Disney". To most attorneys, this signifies that you have contactyed many attorneys and seem to be frustrated that they are not taking your case. Attorneys are not indentured servants and are not obligated to take any and every case that comes down the pike. Cases are fact driven and need to be based on recognized causes of action. Good luck.

6. Barry Franklin Poulson

7

Answered . Just make your attorney aware of the facts of the case and how much money you have for a retainer. Disney has great lawyers. You need a great lawyer too. Great lawyers are expensive. Search out a litigation attorney by AVVO search, one in the locale where you were injured. Call the one you like, discuss fees, explain how much you have for a retainer, and set up an appointment.

7. James Regan

Pro

4

Answered . Harry Hudson wouldn't be if the facts are on your side!

One or more answers have been taken down.