Are all CA lawyers afraid to sue Disney?

Phoenix, AZ |

Suing Disney for assault & battery causing bodily harm, excessive use of force by employee(s), inciting a riot, reckless endangerment

Just make your attorney aware of the facts of the case and how much money you have for a retainer. Disney has great lawyers. You need a great lawyer too. Great lawyers are expensive. Search out a litigation attorney by AVVO search, one in the locale where you were injured. Call the one you like, discuss fees, explain how much you have for a retainer, and set up an appointment.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

No. All California lawyers are not afraid of suing Disney. If in fact all California lawyers refuse to take your case, it might be a problem other than the fact that Disney is a defendant.
Sorry to be flippant, but cases are all driven by facts. You state at the end that the case involves a number of serious allegations, any of which might lead to liability. Without the underlying facts, lawyers can't give you an idea of what is wrong.

This advise is rendered with only a brief description of facts which complicates any answer. You should use this answer to make the decision to contact a lawyer and explain your circumstances in detail for the purpose of getting accurate legal advise. The answer is based upon Arizona law.

Thre are two sides to an argument. Generally there is some degree of evidence in support of one or the other. Perhaps, the attorneys you have seen feel that the evidence is not in your favor. I cannot tell as you have provided no statement of events.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

There is evidence on my side, medical evidence of a concussion, an mcl tear in my right knee, contusion on the left side of my head. I was threatened by the guard with a fight, and he got upset when I took him up on it, he failed to follow Disney protocols for dealing with a tense situation, failed to call for backup thus allowing a mob to gather, a mob that assaulted me, used excessive force, hit me from behind when I WAS DOWN! And of course, who gets arrested? I had a handicapped pass on me at the time, issued by Disney, and am a 100% disabled vet. This incident has worsened my memory and my PTSD and depression.

NO. I am just a sole practitioner and I have sued larger companies than Disney on much bigger and more complex cases than a personal injury matter.

It does not matter that the Defendant is Disney. This is not a difficult case to prepare and try, most likely.

I worry about the validity of the case itself. Are you saying that Disney incited a riot at its own theme park? If the argument is that Disney is liable due to something that went out over the airwaves of one of its stations--not a good case. Tell us about the case if you want advice.

Disney security guard challenged me to a fight, acting completely against his companies protocols in defusing a tense situation. When I pushed him to make him back off from me, he hit me, then pepper sprayed me. There is a video out on it, totally defamatory, because I was NOT drunk, but suffering from a concussion at the time of the incident, and the video does NOT show the entire incident. I am a 100% disabled veteran and was carrying a Disney handicapped pass when this all went down. I can't even remember the majority of what happened, just the beginning and when I came to and the cops had me.

Robert Pecco Baker

Robert Pecco Baker

Holy scneikes. Email me tomorrow and let's talk rpbko@yahoo.com

Robert Pecco Baker

Robert Pecco Baker

Robert Pecco Baker

Robert Pecco Baker

Gary A Kester

Gary A Kester

You were challenged to a fight and accepted. When you apparently had the short end of the stick and the arrest you want to file a civil complaint. When you ask for free advice from attorneys and do not like our responses you attack them? Good luck to you and your legal issues.

Inciting a riot may be one reason you are having difficulty finding a lawyer - exageration and/or improper charachterization of facts. Disney never settles for nuisance value. The entire park is under video surveillance with employees everywhere monitoring the behavior of the other employees. If you have a great case, you will find a lawyer with a California lawyer.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

Gary A Kester

Gary A Kester

Well, I hope your medical conditions improve but it is not helpful to call attorneys "wussy" because you do not like their responses. We do not get paid for responding to your questions. Maybe you should focus on the criminal charges pending instead of this or use your time to find a criminal attorney. Good luck

Harry Hudson wouldn't be if the facts are on your side!

http://defendme.net | For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.877.452.9457. Attorney James Regan, LL.M, Esq., is a Florida lawyer answering questions pro bono. Answering these consumer questions based on limited and unverified facts does not create an attorney-client relationship. Being posted on the internet, these questions and answers are not confidential. For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.800.452.9357.

This may sound harsh but it is not meant to be. Perhaps, you should put the facts of your case instead of starting off with "Are all CA lawyers afraid to sue Disney". To most attorneys, this signifies that you have contactyed many attorneys and seem to be frustrated that they are not taking your case. Attorneys are not indentured servants and are not obligated to take any and every case that comes down the pike. Cases are fact driven and need to be based on recognized causes of action. Good luck.

I am an Arizona attorney. AVVO does not pay us for our responses. Simply because I responded to your question does not mean I am your attorney. In Arizona a non-lawyer is held to the same standards as an attorney so there are dangers to representing yourself. This is for informational purposes only. If you require legal assistance an in depth discussion of your case is needed as there are many other issues to consider such as defenses, statute of limitations, etc.

Michael Charles Doland

Michael Charles Doland

I agree. Also, using the term "afraid" doesn't really describe any litigators I know.

Well, you are wrong, both of you. I am in the right, and the atty's who said no watched a video on Youtube which doesn't include what started the whole thing, so, I think they are scared to go up against Disney.

Gary A Kester

Gary A Kester

I watched the video that you commented on, not hard to narrow down. You have a personal investment in this case so I can understand feelings being involved; as they often are. All I will say is good luck to you.

You're a wuss Gary, admit it. You don't have what it takes to go up against a multinational conglomerate like Disney.

Gary A Kester

Gary A Kester

Your anger to people pointing out legitimate issues with your case is understandable because of the emotional aspect you have. I hope that the arrest relating to this did not result in charges against you because that will also impact your case. I can understand why you have had difficulty finding an attorney with that attitude. Good luck to you all the same.

Violent crime topics