Are hand written documents such as proof of intent to marry or notarized affidavit acceptable by USCIS?

Asked 7 months ago - Brownsville, TX

Form I 129F was sent last year then now USCIS requesting documents to support to petition. 30 day period given, is it acceptable to some documents that are hand written,since my fiance does not much source of communication like internet or postal services at their place and also due to limited amount of time. Is there a chance for the USCIS to extend the timeframe given?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

16

Answered . They are acceptable.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . Yes

3. Edward D Young III

4

Answered . They will accept handwritten documents. If you have access to a notary public who can verify the identity of the person who is handwriting the documents that is even better.

Generally USCIS will not extend deadlines. It is better to submit what you have and then submit more later, asking for permission to do so. If you absolutely cannot me the deadline, schedule an INFOPASS meeting and explain your situation.

I hope this helps.