Arbitration and small claims

Modesto, CA |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

I had a poor lawyer who defened my case poorly. I have an outstand balance with former lawyer and tried to reduce the balance, not successful. I filed for arbitration and lost judgment. Former lawyer filed small claims. Can i retell my story to small claims judge?

issue : 1)lawyer did not pursue paperwork for Quadro, instead went back and forth with ex spouse for severl months. Lawyer explained "time and money" will cost to pursue of Quadro. Divorce papers mentioned a Quadro would be settled. i settled for buy out of 2,000.00 never knowing the amout. 2) I'm a person with no knowledge of divorce court, but my final judgement say "respondent" did not object to any of vocational expert testimone. Is this my former lawyers job to respond in my favor at any point and time? child support was reduced by $500.00. 3) the ex spouse is a "passive aggressive" person, i explained numerous times to former lawyer have him stop "bulling me" and file harrassment charges against him, lawyers response was "If ex has not attempted to phycially harm me or the children" there is nothing can be done. These are the reasons why I feel "no" monies should be paid to former lawyer.

If the attorney filed a new small claims action against you, then you can defend the case at the small claims hearing.

yes, thank you! I'll be sure to take all my paper work that i supplied durning arbitration to my small claims hearing.

You haven't provided sufficient background information for anyone to answer your question. What specifically were the claims in the arbitration? What is the former lawyer suing you for in small claims court? How are they related?

The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author (who is only admitted to practice law in the State of California). For specific advice about your particular situation, consult your own attorney.

thank you for your time on trying to answer my question.