Approximately 2 yrs. ago, we were informed by Metropolitan Ins. that we needed to pay our yearly premium every month for Ins.

Lehighton, PA |

We were unable to do that, we had paid on this policy for over 25 years. This was for Life Insurance, now we have none.

Thank you. May I please add more info, we paid $300.00 per year, they said we would have to pay that amount per month, $300.00 every month, our policy was tied to the Stock Market. We were so wrong but we trusted our Insurance Agent. Do regular people ever understand Ins. policies?? So sorry to ask more but really hoping you might be able to help. Thank you very much. (please disregard "comment" wrote in the wrong space!)

1. Not sure from your question if you are saying that your premium changed or just the payment terms? All insurance policies are contracts, so review it and see if they can change the payment terms. If not, then I would contact a local attorney to discuss your legal options.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

2. From the "additional information" I get the impression that you surely don't know what is going on. There are other ways to complain about issues with an insurance company. The Pennsylvania Insurance Commissioner's office handles consumer complaints. That being said, I can't wrap my head around your facts. You say you've been paying $300 per year for 25 years and suddenly you re billed $300.00 per month, an annual increase of $3,300.00 or over 1000%? That doesn't make any sense. You must be leaving out some facts or you had one weird life insurance policy.

This answer is not intended to be legal advice in a lawyer/client relationship. Misunderstanding of the answer or use of the answer for any illegal purpose is not the responsibility of the writer. The answer to any question in the Avvo website is constrained by the limited content of the question, an incomplete description of the facts underlying the question or a wrongful motivation for the question.