Approximate cost of Modification of Parenting time Case with an Attorney that will go to trial

Bokeelia, FL |

What is the most expensive part of a modification of parenting time case that goes to trial? I have been a party to this case since July and I have been Pro-Se. I've been doing quite well so far, but now it is getting difficult. We are on the docket sound for December with a trial date sometime the 1st wk of Jan. No discovery has been made, but he has filed an answer denying everything. I filed a petition to modify time from rotating custody to every other wkn with Dad. He has been pro-se as well. We have had mediation, and could not come to an agreement. How important is Discovery, and with an average attorney fee of $250/hr what am I looking at in costs?

1. It is difficult to give you a retainer quote without more information. I would suggest scheduling an initial consultation with a local family law attorney

The answer to any question is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney/client relationship. Call today if you would like a free initial consultation.

2. I recommend consulting with a local attorney. Each case is different.

Gina
    www.hunterlawgroup.com

3. If you have a trial coming up and there has been no discovery you are looking at several thousand dollars for an initial retainer.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated.

Child custody topics