Approved DACA (Deffered Action for Childhood Arrivals), will it do harm in the future?

Asked over 1 year ago - Aurora, CO

I was approved for DACA as well as received my working permit. In about a year or so I will be sent to Mexico in order to study as a Seminarian for a Catholic religious group, my concern is with Deferred Action will I have problems in the future once I leave the country and apply to enter as a religious worker in the future? I would be 19 at the time I leave the US and come back around the age of 26.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . DACA and age under 18 shields you from illegal presence. Once your bank of illegal presence spills over a year you will need a waiver in order to come back. There is no waiver for employment based immigration. There are some for nonmalignant status

2. Eliza Grinberg

2

Answered . Depends on how long you were illegally besides DACA and being under 18.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . It depends on how much time in unlawful presence you accrued. That time began to accrue when you turned 18 and stopped when you were granted DACA.