Approved DACA (Deffered Action for Childhood Arrivals), will it do harm in the future?

Aurora, CO |

I was approved for DACA as well as received my working permit. In about a year or so I will be sent to Mexico in order to study as a Seminarian for a Catholic religious group, my concern is with Deferred Action will I have problems in the future once I leave the country and apply to enter as a religious worker in the future? I would be 19 at the time I leave the US and come back around the age of 26.

DACA and age under 18 shields you from illegal presence. Once your bank of illegal presence spills over a year you will need a waiver in order to come back. There is no waiver for employment based immigration. There are some for nonmalignant status

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Apreciate your time. Thanks

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

thank you too.

It depends on how much time in unlawful presence you accrued. That time began to accrue when you turned 18 and stopped when you were granted DACA.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Depends on how long you were illegally besides DACA and being under 18.