Approved Adjustment of Status now what if divorced?

77228 |

HI everyone, First of all thank you for reading my story.

i've married with a USA citizen one year back and filed adjustment of status, i've got employment of authorization card along with advance parole, social security, driving license etc. but unfortunately our relationship got over and he thrown me from his house so i just back to my home country meanwhile i was checking my case status so i got to know my adjustment of status is approved and green card has been sent to my husband house which he didn't inform me and we have not filed divorce yet so please advise what do i need to do now? he used me and trashed me like garbage. please i really need advise.

1. You need to talk to an attorney, many of us use Skype.

If your husband cancels the papers you have big problems.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. I agree with my colleague, you will need to consult an experienced immigration attorney as soon as possible. Aside from your troubles with your husband, there may also be an issue of when you left for your home country and when your application was approved. Many attorneys offer free first time consultations. You can find one here at AVVO.com or at AILAlawyer.com . Best of luck!

The Law Office of Andrew Chung, PLLC. (832) 409 0117. Andrew@Chung-Law.com . The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. There are some serious issues here.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.