Approved Adjustment of Status now what if divorced?

Asked about 1 year ago - 77228

HI everyone, First of all thank you for reading my story.

i've married with a USA citizen one year back and filed adjustment of status, i've got employment of authorization card along with advance parole, social security, driving license etc. but unfortunately our relationship got over and he thrown me from his house so i just back to my home country meanwhile i was checking my case status so i got to know my adjustment of status is approved and green card has been sent to my husband house which he didn't inform me and we have not filed divorce yet so please advise what do i need to do now? he used me and trashed me like garbage. please i really need advise.

1. Andrew Chung

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague, you will need to consult an experienced immigration attorney as soon as possible. Aside from your troubles with your husband, there may also be an issue of when you left for your home country and when your application was approved. Many attorneys offer free first time consultations. You can find one here at AVVO.com or at AILAlawyer.com . Best of luck!

2. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . You need to talk to an attorney, many of us use Skype.

If your husband cancels the papers you have big problems.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . There are some serious issues here.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.