Approaching trial worries and concerns auto accident?

Southfield, MI |

How likely is a case to settle after not being able to come to an agreement after a facilitation hearing ? A buddy of mine recently went thru this due to not having a witness be able to help prove "his" case now that he has the "witness" in regards to an auto accident other driver was at fault , but trying to but blame on my friend" but it wasnt his fault considering he got t boned. police report and person who truly was at fault say otherwise though.

Your question is very hard to follow. Are you saying the case is close to trial now and is a better case since an important witness that could not be found is now available to testify and is helpful to your friend's case? Many cases settle on the courthouse steps regardless of whether a witness is located. Certainly the availability of a witness should make settlement even more likely.

If you feel this is the "best" answer or is "helpful," please indicate. Since I am limited to the information you provide, I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the answer. You should seek the advise of an attorney who can explore all aspects of your question. This communication does not form an attorney client relationship.

Cases often settle right before trial even if previous settlement attempts have failed. Good witness testimony is important for any case. The police report probably will not come into evidence (it's hearsay). I would recommend that your buddy discuss this matter with his attorney because his attorney will have a better sense if the case will settle.

Question is unclear

This is really not an appropriate question simply because we would need to know a great deal more about the case. This question can only be answered by the lawyer. Lawyer's go thru a process called discovery. Here the case has gone to facilitation. That is beyond discovery. Please talk to the lawyer.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Recommended articles about Personal injury