Appointment of guardian ad litem and duties in a foreclosure case.

Miami, FL |
Filed under: Civil motions

A pro se defendant is incapable of representing himself in a foreclosure action and does not have finances to engage a lawyer. Legal aid will not take his case . He would like to appoint his cousin as guardian ad litem to speak for him in court. Can the guardian ad litem represent or sign any court motions or documents and not be charged with practicing law without a license.

No!

The law is complicated and although the facts expressed may seem to be all that is relevant, there may be many other important facts to consider. Also, the law is constantly undergoing change, so what may be correct today, may not be accurate tomorrow. Only a full consultation with an attorney experienced or knowledgeable in the specific legal subject matter is likely to result in the optimal course of action. My practice has entailed more than a 30 year span of many real estate, personal property, and bankruptcy issues. Find out more about me at: FloridaPropertyLitigation.com.

Civil motions topics