Applying permanent with an issue

Asked over 1 year ago - Vacaville, CA

I have temporary green card also hit and run ticket I will apply permanent green card will it be problem?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

2

Answered . I agre with my colleague.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

1

Answered . No, but take care of that ticket at once and make sure such an incident does not happen again.

3. Ann Elizabeth Block

2

1

Answered . I slightly disagree with my esteemed colleagues -- as it may depend on what type of "hit and run" charge you have. If it was a California misdemeanor offense for VC 20001 simple property damage, that is not currently a problem for a lawful permanent resident (I assume you mean you are a conditional resident through marriage?) as it is not considered a "crime of moral turpitude" by the 9th Circuit court of appeals, which is the appeals court which matters for you, since you live in California. A California felony hit and run could be a "crime of moral turpitude" however, and one such offense within 5 years of becoming a permanent resident could make a person deportable.

4. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

4

Answered . A ticket for hit and run could cause a problem. Schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney and take the court records for the hit and run with you.