Applying for US Citizenship with DWI record (PBJ for 1 day unsupervised) in 2006.

Asked almost 5 years ago - Reston, VA

I consulted with a Immigration attorney about applying for my Citizenship with DWI record in 2006. He advised that I will still need to tell the immigration that I was arrested for DWI. If I hire him, i will need to pay him. My question is, can I still apply for US Citizenship without an attorney but still report that I was arrest for DUI so I can save some attorney's fees. Your answer will be appreciated.
Thank you!

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Douglas Warren McDonald Jr.

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . I do not do immigration law ,however, my opinion is that the dui will have little to no effect based on the case of

    Supreme Court of the United States
    Josue LEOCAL, Petitioner,
    John D. ASHCROFT, Attorney General, et al.
    No. 03-583.
    Argued Oct. 12, 2004.
    Decided Nov. 9, 2004.

    you probably do not need an atty

Related Topics

US citizenship requirements

In order to become a US citizen, applicants most show good citizenship and demonstrate that they have an attachment to the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,592 answers this week

3,395 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,592 answers this week

3,395 attorneys answering