Applying for permanent Green Card after 2 years of marriage. We have two addresses

Asked almost 2 years ago - Jersey City, NJ

My husband and I use two addresses for our things. We have a residential address where we have our bills sent to etc. and our mailing address where the things that are important like bank correspondence etc. We have this mailing address because our mail is not safe at the residential address. I am about to apply for permanent green card. However, I don't know how to do it because our e.g. FIOS bill shows residential address while bank statement or taxes are for mailing address (everywhere both our names though). Would this be a problem?

1. Irene Vaisman

Pro

2

Answered . Is the address a P.O. Box or just a different address?

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. Eric M. Mark

Pro

1

Answered . Technically, there is nothing wrong with having a home address and a mailing address. However, it will raise a red flag to USCIS that you are not actually living together and will get heavy scrutiny of your application and evidence. Given how important the two-year review is you should use a lawyer to make sure you have enough evidence and it is packaged in a way that USCIS will understand what is going on.

3. Yolanda Navarrete

1

Answered . I don't see this as a problem. I am assuming both your names are on both addresses.

4. Andres Yoav Mejer

Pro

1

Answered . It depends. Is it a pob or a second home? Do you both live in both? One has to look at all your facts and then evaluate. This question requires context. Consult with an immigration attorney before applying

5. Justin G. Randolph

2

Answered . Is that the same situation you had when you originally received your CR or did you move and this is a new situation?

It can be a problem if they don't believe you live together.

6. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . Yes, this could be a problem and will most likely cause delay and they may require an interview.

You would be wise to have an attorney assist with preparing the document kit and letter of explanation.