Applying for Naturalization but got accepted to a excellent MA program abroad

Asked about 4 years ago - Santa Barbara, CA

Hi,

I recently applied for my citizenship. I got my notice for biometrics but unfortunately had to reschedule the appointment. I haven't heard back for a new appointment date yet. I also need to leave the country in three weeks and I will try to do a walk in for biometrics at my USCIS office.

My actual question is I have the opportunity to study for one year at the University of Leeds in the UK and get my masters degree. Will that interfere with my naturalization application? Could I just reenter the country every 3-4 months?

1. Peter Joseph Loughlin

Pro

Answered . Congratulations on your acceptance to Leeds!

So long as you are able to complete biometrics, pass the interview and naturalization exam and complete the swearing in ceremony you should not have any problems. I am assuming that you meet the physical presence and other eligibility rules, of course. Hopefully you can complete everything before you leave for the one year in the UK

If you're not certain please take a look at: http://usimmigrationteam.com/Naturalization-Gui...

Best of luck,

Peter J. Loughlin, Esq.
    Goldman & Loughlin, PLLC
    4100 Corporate Sq., Suite 163
    Naples, FL 34104
    Representing Clients in All 50 States
    239-643-5529
    http://usimmigrationteam.com

Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only and should not be construed as legal advice or legal opinion. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer is signed by the attorney and the client.