I am currently holding L1B ( Visa/I94 valid till july 30'2013) with employer A, and I am planning to apply for COS from L1B to H1B on april 1' 2013 through employer B, but also I am planning to go for L1B extension interview to canada on June-July 2013.
Additional info: My wife holds H1B visa (valid till 2015)
My questions are:
1. If my L1B extension is approved on June-July 2013, then what will be my status on october 1st 2013? I will be H1B or in L1 ?
2. If my L1B extesnion is rejected and If I come to US as H4, then what will be my status on October 1' 2013 ? I will be on H1B or H4 ?
3. Is there any option to maintain my status (thro' L1 or H4) on Aug 1 ' 2013 - Sep 30' 2013 without going out US?
Please advice me and your response is much appreciated.
A noncitizen can hold multiple visa stamps in his or her passport and use those in accordance with the purpose of a particular trip. A noncitizen can only be in one status at the time.
A noncitizen cannot change status unless the status from which the change is sought is valid on the day when the change of status application is filed.
The last action rule applies unless additional H1B employment is claimed instead of change of status. This is why it is always dangerous to file multiple petitions at the same time.
Get free answers from experienced attorneys.
30,629 answers this week
3,111 attorneys answering
Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.Browse our legal dictionary