Applying for citizenship with a "deferred adjudication", selling alcohol to a minor.

I am living in US since 2007 as PR. On 2011, when I used to work in a GasStation, on my 17th Day of work, I got a ticket for selling alcohol to a minor. Same day I quit that Job. After 3 months of this incident, sheriff called and asked to come policeStation, I went there arrest for 2 hrs by giving a court date. Then I faced County Court with a lawyer and plead guilty. The Judge gave me 16hrs community service+1 day probation+$502.00 (which include fine-$200, court fee, sheriff fee etc.) I have completed everything and the case was dismissed. I dont have anyother record except two dismissed traffic ticket Now I am thinking to apply for citizenship and worried about the consequences. Is there any possibility to get denied? If denied, do I need to wait for another 5 years? Please Advice

San Antonio, TX -

Carmine John Giardino

Carmine John Giardino

General Practice Lawyer - San Antonio, TX

Don't represent yourself. Hire a lawyer as soon as possible. Good luck! www.giardinolawfirm.com

Philip Alan Eichorn

Philip Alan Eichorn

Immigration Attorney - Cleveland, OH

My advice to all non-citizens with criminal entanglements is to get an advisory opinion done by a criminal immigration lawyer who understands the interplay. Some deferred adjudications are convictions for immigration purposes. Some are not. Some statues of conviction are malignant and some are benign. Before you go before CIS, you should know.