Applying for both OPT Extension and H1B at same time.

Asked over 1 year ago - San Jose, CA

Hello,

My current OPT is expiring on May, currently working as a full time employee and my Employer is sponsoring my H1B this year.

My question is,

1. Is it advisable to apply for OPT-Extension, to be on a safer side.

2. Will it affect any of my request (H1B or OPT-Extension)

3. I heard somewhere, that if you process your H1B and OPT extension both at same time, chances of rejecting your H1B are high, I quite disagree with that.

Please advice on these issues. It'll be a great help.

1. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . If you are eligible to apply for OPT, I recommend it. Filing for H-1B alongside seeking change of status from Oct 1 will not necessarily result in a denial.

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . They do not affect each other.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.