Skip to main content

Applying for a US Passport for a non citizen child

Diamond Bar, CA |

I'm a United States Citizen through Naturalization. I have 12 year old child who's a permanent resident for last 5 years ( she does not have a naturalization certificate). What are the required documents to obtain a US Passport for her ?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Best answer

    Your ORIGINAL certificate of naturalization, the child's green card, original birth certificate and English language translation, written consent from the non-custodial parent, if any or if in this country, as well as 2 pictures and passport application fee.

    Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  2. You should not ask this question at the country clerk office or passport bureau? You need your Cert of Natz; her LPR card and birth certificate with certified translation if not in English; written consent of the other parent or your sworn statement there is no other parent, whichever the case might be; pictures and fees.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics