Applying for a b2 visa after an Immigrant visa

Isleton, CA |

I´m about to apply for my immigrant visa I´m married to a U.S. citizen, then can I apply for a b2 visa to come visit him before my immigrant visa is ready?

That will be difficult. VERY VERY DIFFICULT.

Talk to an attorney before filing any papers.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

May possibly be successful if you have compelling reasons to return to your home country to await consular processing for an immigrant visa after your visit. Even if the Consulate issues a visitor visa, you will again face problems at the port of entry. On the other hand, there is no harm in trying as long as there is no misrepresentation; it will not prejudice your immigrant visa processing. Good luck to you.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter, nor should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

You can apply for a B-2 visa but it is very likely that it will be denied. Consult an immigration attorney for further advice regarding the application.

Once you file for an immigrant visa, you will have a hard time showing that you do not intend to immigrate.

This answer is not intended to replace a consultation with an attorney and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration