Applying for a b2 visa after an Immigrant visa

Asked 5 months ago - Isleton, CA

I´m about to apply for my immigrant visa I´m married to a U.S. citizen, then can I apply for a b2 visa to come visit him before my immigrant visa is ready?

1. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . That will be difficult. VERY VERY DIFFICULT.

Talk to an attorney before filing any papers.

2. Ajay Kumar Arora

2

Answered . May possibly be successful if you have compelling reasons to return to your home country to await consular processing for an immigrant visa after your visit. Even if the Consulate issues a visitor visa, you will again face problems at the port of entry. On the other hand, there is no harm in trying as long as there is no misrepresentation; it will not prejudice your immigrant visa processing. Good luck to you.

3. Katja Anneli Charlotta Hedding

Pro

2

Answered . You can apply for a B-2 visa but it is very likely that it will be denied. Consult an immigration attorney for further advice regarding the application.

4. Guerline Ladouceur-Laurore

1

Answered . Once you file for an immigrant visa, you will have a hard time showing that you do not intend to immigrate.