Applying for 10 year permanent greencard after having not worked since marriage

Bronx, NY |

i am due to apply for my 10 year permanent greencard in nov 2013,since my us citizen wife married 2 years ago i have not worked,will this affect my application for 10 year permanent.

1. No it will not. But when you are ready to apply for citizenship, you will have to explain how you supported yourself.

Irene Vaisman, Esq. 11 Broadway, Suite 615 New York, NY 10004 (646) 253-0516 This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (646) 253-0516.

2. No problem. However you have to show you are still in a bona fide marriage. Always a good idea to consult and/or hire an attorney to properly handle your case.

3. Do you currently have the 2 year conditional card?

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

4. No.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

5. It will not be an issue. If you have concerns, consult with an immigration attorney.

New York Immigration attorney. This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

6. As long as you are living in a bonafide marriage with your wife and you are on her tax return ( if she is working) it should be fine. But I would hire an attorney to file for you.

Marriage and prenups topics