Apply for green card with a DUI pending case

San Jose, CA |

I have a DUI pending case, but I came to India for my marriage with an american citizen. Unfortunately my visa is pending and is going through administrative processing and I am not sure of how long it is going to take.

Is it possible to apply for Green card/immigrant visa through my spouse instead of getting H1B stamping. What are the pros and cons of either approaches. Please advice.

Schedule a Skype consultation with an immigration lawyer to get all of your questions answered.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Please consult an immigration attorney at once.

This answer is not intended to replace a consultation with an attorney and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Yes, it is possible. You should talk to an immigration attorney about details.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI