Applied to be represented by an attorney under indigent status, request denied. What usually happens in these types of cases?

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

I went to use a restroom facility at a hotel in Aventura, Florida on my way out I was arrested by the police for loitering, trespassing, and resisting arrest without violence. I applied for indigent status for attorney representation. On first appearance, Judge informed me I'm not entitled to an attorney because no jail time is involved, and case was set for trial. Could you tell me what happens in these cases, are the charges usually dropped?

1. Michael Leonard Mastrogiovanni

Pro

2

Answered . You need to ask this question under the criminal defense forum, not social security. However, I can advise you that when a judge determines no jail, it means a bench trial, not a jury trial. You can be found guilty and sanctioned with fines, court costs, community service, etc but no loss of liberties.

In my experience this will not be dropped, I suggest you consult with a local criminal defense attorney for more specifics. Good luck.

2. Clifford Michael Farrell

1

Answered . I agreee - this is a criminal question - I will try to repost there for you.