Applied to be represented by an attorney under indigent status, request denied. What usually happens in these types of cases?

Miami, FL |

I went to use a restroom facility at a hotel in Aventura, Florida on my way out I was arrested by the police for loitering, trespassing, and resisting arrest without violence. I applied for indigent status for attorney representation. On first appearance, Judge informed me I'm not entitled to an attorney because no jail time is involved, and case was set for trial. Could you tell me what happens in these cases, are the charges usually dropped?

1. You need to post your inquiry under the criminal section of Avvo.

Legal disclaimer: Legal analysis is for general information, based upon the limited facts provided. Comments are not intended to constitute binding legal advice. There is no attorney-client relationship formed as a result of this communication. The response provided shall not be relied upon as legal advice from the responding attorney and it is based solely upon the limited facts being provided to the responding attorney by the person posing the question. To the extent additional or different facts may exist, the response provided by the responding attorney might change. Responding attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Florida. As such, the response provided is based solely upon Florida law unless otherwise herein stated. If you find this information helpful, please check the "Up" arrow box below. If you wish to discuss your question(s), the response provided, or hiring me in a confidential setting, call (813) 413-8700.

2. I agree with Attorney Bromley. Also, I believe this question was posted more than once. I attempted to edit the practice area for you.

Good luck!

Andrew W. Norfleet, Esquire Helping disabled individuals throughout Pennsylvania. awn@norlaflaw.com www.norlaflaw.com DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania and is personal in nature, not professional in nature. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality

3. Duplicate - but will try to repost under criminal law/defense

The exact answers to questions like this require more information than presented. The answer(s) provided should be considered general information. The information provided by this is general advice, and is not legal advice. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. You should not take any action that might affect your claim without first seeking the professional opinion of an attorney. You should consult an attorney who can can ask all the appropriate questions and give legal advice based on the exact facts of your situation. The general information provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship.