Applied H1B.....SEVIS terminated...Reinstatement

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I have already applied for H1B. And my university has terminated my SEVIS. I am going to apply for reinstatement. And I got RFE to roved a evidence letter regarding about CPT. Does it impact on H1B result?Thank you for your Advise.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

1

Best Answer

Answered . Yes it does. If you do not reinstate and fall out of status, you will have to consulate process your H1B if your Sevis had been terminated prior to the application for h1B was accepted for processing.

2. Anu Gupta

Pro

2

1

Answered . Hi there- first- you need to prove you are going to be in status till Sept 30, or your H1 will not come with a I-94. This means you will need to go to your home country to get the H1 stamped before you can start working. Second - I am not sure what the RFE is asking for, but generally CPT should have no connection to the H1. Having written that, you really should ask an attorney who knows all your case details and has reviewed the RFE. Attorneys will offer second opinions on cases if you schedule a consultation.

Good luck!

3. J Charles Ferrari

3

1

Answered . For USCIS to be able to change your status, you must be in valid status on September 30.