Applied for ITIN to IRS along with Original Passport. IRS did not return the passport and are unable to locate it.

IRS advocate also not able help us in this matter but asked to submit form 5646- Claim for Damage, Injury or Death. Lost all hopes of getting back passport from IRS, submitted the form 5646 to claims management. We have to wait and see what they will answer. Could you please guide me what can I do to get back my passport from IRS? Passport has valid US visa and it is the only identification document I have. I am lost completely staying back at home more than 75 days without any ID. Cannot travel, cannot apply for bank account, cannot apply for Driving License and cannot apply for SSN if I get job eligibility. Please help me in this regard. Thank you so much.

Baton Rouge, LA -

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Unfortunately, immigration attorneys will not be able to answer this question as it does not concern US immigration laws.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

Don't bother anymore, it's no use.. Contact your consulate to issei you a new one ASAP.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

As sad as this situation might be, it is not a question of US immigration law.