Applied DV 2014 lottery while in US on H visa. Now out of US , Do I need to be in US if i win in May 2013 results ?

Houston, TX |

Me and my husband both from Algeria applied for DV 2014 while staying in US. lottery result are expected in May 2013.My husband is in US but I am now in Algeria for my vacations and also for my H4 stamping expecting to return in June. If God willingly me or my husband wins DV lottery and I am still outside US , how it would affect our DV processing ? After wining can I land in US in june and still do the adjustment of status ? OR does it affect my DV processing in any negative way ? Do i need to be in US at time of results to use adjustment of status ?

You do not need to be in the United States at the time the DV lottery results are announced in order to receive lawful permanent residence. You just need to make sure your contact information is up to date with the U.S. Department of State. You should be able to travel to the U.S. in June as planned if you are notified that you won the lottery. You are allowed to have dual intent with an H-1B/H-4 visa so it should not cause any problems during any subsequent adjustment of status.

I would encourage you to retain an attorney if you or your husband are selected for the DV lottery. There are a limited number of visas actually issued and you want to ensure your case is properly handled to increase your chances of success.

Wendy R. Barlow, Esq, The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., 111 Broadway, Suite 1306, New York NY 10006, (866) 456-­8654, wendy@myatorneyusa.com, www.myattorneyusa.com. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.

No

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Thanks. How much time i have to come back so that I can start our DV processing ?

No. Most DV winners are out of the U.S.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.

Yes, but if you are already in US, doesn't it helps you in faster processing ?

Andrew Marino Bramante

Andrew Marino Bramante

For DV there may not be much difference. From my HTC Sensation 4G on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network ----- Reply message -----

Andrew Marino Bramante

Andrew Marino Bramante

Not necessarily.