APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION was terminated????

Arlington, VA |

I applied for a work permit and I just checked my status online and it said that my I-765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION was terminated and that I'll be recieving a mail in up to 30 days from the date. What does it mean? Also, my mom applied at the same time as I did and we both have the same situation but when I checked hers it said that she was denied. Can someone please explain this? What does it mean that my application was terminated? And why? Thank you.

1. You have given us practically zero information.

Thus, all anyone can say is that your mother's permit appears to have been denied and your application was terminated (perhaps because your application is derivative of hers.)

All you can do is wait for the mail to arrive.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. You are not giving us any information on the type of case through which the EADs were filed to give you a more meaningful answer. From what I can read all the above text means is that both EADs were denied and your application was terminated and so was your mother's. Yours was most likely terminated due to the fact that you are your mother's derivative and when hers was terminated, for whatever reason I ignore, so was yours. Just be patient, wait for the denial notice to arrive in the mail in the next few weeks. It will have a detailed explanation for the denial and termination.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. You will need to wait for the mail to find out.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.