Application for citizenship N400

Kingman, AZ |

Im about to send out my N400 to uscis.when i went to get my money order for $680 including biometrics they gave me two seperate money orders.onefor $500 and the other for $180. Does USCIS just require one or can i send these two seperate ones out?

1. Just send it. Separate money orders are as good as a single one.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

2. USCIS shouldn't care, as long as both money orders together total $680 and can be traceable to your N-400 application.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. My colleagues are correct - as long as both money orders are in the same package, it is fine. Optimally, both should have your name and "N-400" on the reference line.

This is general information only. It is not intended as a substitute for legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. For legal advice specific to your circumstances, you must consult an attorney in a confidential setting, not in an online forum.

4. It does not matter as long as the total amount is correct.

This answer is not intended to replace a consultation with an attorney and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

5. Follow the instructions and make copies of what you submit. Also, send certified mail. You should be fine.

6. You should be ok to send both money orders. Best of luck.