Apple corp/ volt/ hire/fired me on 6 month contract, i went to orientation signed everything then they fired me 2 days before

California |

fired 2 days before the job started after waiting a month because i had a class c misd disorderly conduct, they asked in email what i did, i didnt have a chance to resopnd before they said, sorry we cant move forward with you, i was so far in the system i even got time cards in my email i was tempted to fill out, so i waited over 5 weeks to start this job , was fired for the class c misd which i never explained it was actually a class b for something else which was lowered cuz it was nothing serious , nothing dangerous, they said d.c. falls under dangerous tendancies, i dont think they knew all the way in cali that i had already went to orentation and signed a 6 month contract. is this legal? its enough to take the the press's and media and anger americans i know that, im 25 n this bad sto

sounds like dana works for apple or volt on retainer, why would i not go public, young man lost business never been in trouble was hired and then waited 2 months to start his job and even went to orientation ( meaning all back ground check should have been completed) signed my contract, then a couple days later they got bg check and fired me for reason they said was, i could bea violent person, thats there reason but there reason has to be a good one doesnt it , like his bg says he killed someone, or he told us he was going to bomb the building, if thats the case than if a company wanted to they could hire a bunch of people and then pick there naems out of a hat when it comes time to make employee cuts and say, oh they behaved weird thats why i fired them , you dont make sense as a lawyer and you should be ashamed. had class c they didnt even ask why, it could have been a mistake , its not a felony!

It's not clear if you actually had a signed contract,and if so, whether it was conditional on you passing all background checks, etc., and what it said about the company's right to terminate you for a reason like this, or for any reason. Employment claims are very fact specific, so you're best off consulting an employment lawyer and disclosing everything the facts of your situation and your written materials so your claim can be properly evaluated.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

If you Google "volt apple", you will see that, apparently, (a) Volt is Apple's exclusive provider of temporary personnel and (b) you are not the only person who feels that s/he has been treated unfairly by Volt.

That said, without having seen your agreement(s) or any other documentation, but knowing a bit about temporary staffing, I suspect that the following are true:

- The 6-month project was from Apple to Volt.
- You were Volt's first choice for the project.
- When your disorderly conduct came to Volt's attention, you were immediately disqualified based on Volt's understanding of Apple's staffing criteria (and there being plenty of other people on Volt's roster who could fill the position).
- Your agreement with Volt allowed Volt to remove you from any project at any time for any (non-discriminatory) reason.
- Going public with this story will not be beneficial for you.

Disclaimer: This post does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Employment