Appeals

Minneapolis, MN |

When you do a appeal will it keep you out of jail?

1. Usually no. Unless the judge grants a bond pending appeal.

You must be very careful what information you post on a website like Avvo.com or any other public access website. Anything you say here is not privileged and can be used against you in any court proceeding. For a free consultation contact me at 954-620-8300 or email at Grant@Dnslaw.com .

2. Minnesota Rules of Criminal Procedure allow for a stay of execution of sentence pending appeal. You must establish the appeal is not frivolous and the Defendant will remain law abiding during the stay. The ultimate decision is up to the judge. I have had some judges grant a stay and some have not or would not until appeal was filed.

3. It can, bit not always. The defense can ask the judge to stay execution of the sentence pending the outcome of the appeal.

4. You must file a Motion for Stay of Execution pending appeal. This would require an experienced lawyer.

Maury D. Beaulier
    Attorney at Law
    (612) 240-8005

CALL 612-240-8005 for a Consultation. Disclaimer: Nothing in this email message creates an attorney client relationship absent a retainer agreement with this office. Any response to email inquiries should be considered general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. You should always consult a lawyer in your state regarding your specific legal matter. Visit online at http://www.minnesotaLawyers.com